Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sola Does Arena, Part 2

So, kinda randomly, I ended up in a 3v3 team with the same guild leader from the previous post, and a guildie.

Our composition is resto shaman/balance druid/hunter.

As the hunter put it, our composition is "less than orthodox", which actually gave us an advantage last night as we stumbled our way to 5 arena victories. I noticed that our composition works especially well versus teams with no healer. We encountered two of those last night, and we wrecked them.

My general strategy as a moonkin in these matches is to either cyclone the healer or the least-squishy DPS, depending on who we think is a priority. At that point, I tend to go (pardon the gender-specific terminology, even though I'm not a dude) balls to the wall, popping starfall and trees and letting the other two try and tab through the treants to get me. There's a visible hesitation present in the other team when I do that...I like that. It's like a smoke and mirrors-esque distraction which lasts just long enough for me to get off barkskin and a few nukes before they can get to me.

I've noticed in our composition as well that I tend to be the focus target. It's possible this is because they think I might be squishy? In either case, with glyph of barkskin and the deliciousness of Nature's Grasp essentially made me "the tank". It's tempting, then, to give that 51/8/12 spec I linked in my spec post a try...see if the extra armor helps at all with this tanking business.

In either case, back to the grind!

No comments:

Post a Comment