Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sola Does Arena, Part 3

Not very long after being invited to do 3s with our GL, I received an invite to our guild's premier 5s team, the aptly-named NEED MORE STARFALL. Ironically, the team didn't have a moonkin in it when I joined...but I guess it did way in the past. But now the team has more starfall than it can handle.

I was whisked into our arena matches, and told that all I gotta do is cyclone a healer and have at the DPS target.

I like 5s. So uncomplicated for me.

Now that I have had some experience with all three arena brackets, I can safely nail some jello to the wall and proclaim the Roles a Moonkin Plays in Arena:

1) (Banana) Peel

I often hear the Captain say over Vent "peel off me", especially in 2s and 3s. To peel is to literally tear an opponent off a teammate, particularly a healer. Typhoon is especially good for peeling, or typhoon followed quickly by roots or cyclone if it's a secondary target. Moonkins are among a rare breed of classes and specs with a knockback on such a short cooldown, so it is important to maximize its usage, and to save your healers at the same time.

2) Annoying CC

Cyclone.

So amazing. So annoying. In our 2s, I hardly have a chance to use cyclone, since I'm usually busy peeling and trying to DPS my assigned target. However, when we come across a powerhouse plate-wearing DPS and a healer, usually I am asked to cyclone the powerhouse and try to take down the healer. I'm personally trying to get in the swing of cycloning my target then cycloning another target when the first one breaks. So annoying, but so delicious.

3) Pushback/constant DPS

Most of all, and best of all, we're good at the Deeps in arenas. Our treants, when placed on a healer, are actually a pretty noticeable annoyance and source of a semi-reliable pushback. In just about all our 5s matches, I came out on top for damage done, and sometimes for killing blows (wtf 4 out of 5 like four matches in a row) mostly because of my favourite thing in the world; starfall.

I managed to get enough arena points to afford a piece of relentless gear this past Tuesday, which was great. My resil in my PVP gear is now at something like 1025...it could stand to go up, but my gear shall only improve from here.

Happy pwning!

1 comment: