Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Random post about BGs

Ever since I've gotten into the swing of PVP, I have become more aware that my guildies have shown more interest in doing PVP-related things. I'd like to think of myself as a trendsetter, even though I'm likely just slow to notice things.

I've been running more Premades with some guildies (mostly my fiancé's rogue, friend's DK, aforementioned other moonkin and sometimes my GL, with sometimes enough people to just completely dominate WSG over and over and over again), and they are so much fun. I used to do premade BGs a lot when I was resto, and back in Vanilla content (yeah, I know, I've been playing this game too long), but moonkin PVP has been somehow more enjoyable for me.

In WSG premades, either I or the DK tend to be the FCs. This isn't new or shocking. Druids are natural flag carriers. Glyph of barkskin works wonders for carrying the flag as a moonkin, since we can run across the field with our pocket healer, pop barkskin if we run headlong into a group of the opposite faction, and suddenly I'm a tank. Especially when you take into account my almost 1100 resilience, and semi-suicidal tendencies in PVP.

As a side note, a quick kudos needs to be given to those brave soldiers who heal flag carriers such as myself. Healers in BGs in general just make me so happy. You truly need to have some kind of giving quality to heal in battlegrounds, since healing essentially stamps a giant target sticker on your head.

As our premade team, we've also gone into Strand of the Ancients and Arathi Basin a lot. In Strand, if you have any sense of organization among your team, you are probably going to win.

Let me tell you a little something about moonkins in SotA. It's in the form of an equation.

Moonkin + Empty Siege Vehicle gunner position + starfall and trees + typhoon = almost completely-defended vehicle.

Our AoE skills truly shine in SotA, they really do! Moonkins are fantastic siege defenders. In a SotA I did two days ago with my little premade team, I hopped into someone's siege engine...and we barreled through two doors. Having typhoon on a 17 second cooldown really really helps. Hurricane too. Heck, starfa--I think you see where I'm going with this.

Coming up, the much sought-after (I'm sure) post about enchants, and links I like.

1 comment:

  1. I go through phases of enthusiasm over BGs basically once per season. Every time I can get a new batch of honor gear, I get excited and chain run enough to get it all, then maybe switch specs and do it again, or, since I don't have an arena team, I'll cap out honor and stop bothering to run more.

    SotA is just so awesome for us, and you're right, Moonkin are extremely good passengers for defending sieges. Typhoon, Roots, Cyclone, and even Hibernate to keep things off you, and Starfall + Trees to kill whatever won't go away.

    Having run BGs solo since I started playing, it's been great to run premades lately, and the difference even three players can make towards winning a BG is amazing.

    ReplyDelete